Saturday, June 11, 2022

days left behind (rewrite 1)


I was thinking about 
the days left behind
I knew they were hiding
in the back of my mind
I never go back there
but today I did
I started remembering
when I was a kid

it was no fun
people were mean
I found my escape
on a theater screen
showing movies both
funny and sad
that was the childhood
I had

living in darkness
kept me alive
moving pictures I saw
with my very own eyes
I dreamed I was up there
a big movie star
nobody could hurt me
or cause any harm

but then I'd walk out
in the hot midday sun
alone and forsaken
real life had begun
but deep in my mind
I'm still there in the dark
reality, dreams
I can't tell them apart

and there I remain
until this very day
living in fantasy
is my only way
of living my life 
the way it should be
nothing to hide from
except being me


No comments:

Post a Comment