Saturday, June 4, 2022

tic tac toe (rewrite 1)


life is like playing tic tac toe
I never can land three in a row
I can do one, maybe two
but three I just can't do
I can count
I've been to school
I haven't broken any rules
I try time and time and time again
knowing that someday I'll win

people say it's easy to try
but victory always passes me by
I choose one square, and then another
I figure it's one or the other
but I always fail
I always lose
I never know quite what to choose
I'll find my way around it though
give me a chance at tic tac toe

you've got three
draw a straight line
maybe I'll win another time
when luck finally goes my way
it's going to happen one sweet day
it's hard to hope when you're blue
but hoping I know how to do
there's one question I want to know
would you like to play tic tac toe?


No comments:

Post a Comment