Wednesday, June 1, 2022

waiting right here


I would like some friends
but that means I go outside
and that's just too much work right now
I'm patiently waiting
but Lord knows how much I've tried
I want to know you, but I don't know how
I hang around trying
and there's no denying
I'm lonesome as I can be
where is that someone
I know that they'll come
and my sorrow will be set free

          will you talk to me
          will you lend me an ear
          if you are lonely
          I'm waiting right here

open your front door
look at the sidewalk and the street
maybe I'm coming your way
I look at their faces
the people I meet
and this loneliness won't go away
I'm looking for action
and some satisfaction
I don't need to run and hide
someday I'll see you
and wishes will come true
and then my fears wilkl subside

          will you talk to me
          please don't disappear
          if you are lonely
          I'm waiting right here


No comments:

Post a Comment