Monday, June 13, 2022

safe


I want everything to be safe
no chance of conflict
no need to run
I need to believe in the faith
that tells me better times
have just begun
I don't want to fight anymore
I want it to be like it was before
when all was peaceful
and I had friends
that's what it was like back then

I want everything to be good
back to normal
the way it should be
like in my old neighborhood
where no one was threatened
and we could feel free
now, I don't need to live in the past
I just want security to last
in times of trouble
nearing its end
that's what it was like back then

          now is the time
          when everything falls apart
          I feel my broken heart
          every morning and night

I want everything to be safe
not like it is right now
I want to go back
I really would appreciate
a sense of safety
I currently lack
I'm through with pretending
that these hard times are ending
it used to be good
and it could be again
that's what it was like back then


No comments:

Post a Comment