Wednesday, June 29, 2022

this world


I cannot go out there
the world is too scary
for me to open the front door
I'm staying inside
it's too overbearing
I want to live like I did before
stuck at home
with no one around
nothing unknown
safe and sound
don't make me leave here
I can see
this world is not the place for me

lock the deadbolt
close the drapes
I'm staying indoors today
I don't need to run
or make my escape
I don't want to move either way
it's scary as sin
and frightening as hell
I'm staying in
I can't help myself
don't call my name
just let me be
this world is not the place for me

maybe someday
at a time I don't know
I will leave home sweet home
there is nowhere
for me to go
that's as good as a place of my own
head under the covers
in an unmade bed
maybe I'll discover
what lies ahead
but until that time
at home I'll be free
this world is not the place for me


No comments:

Post a Comment