Monday, June 6, 2022

missing


I went looking for myself
but I was missing
I couldn't find me
no matter how hard I looked
I looked under bridges
I looked under rocks
I looked at art and movies
and children's picture books
I looked so hard to find myself
pity how I tried
the one place I forgot to look
was hidden deep inside

I went looking for my story
but it was missing
somewhere with my history
it vanished into the air
I searched the whole town over
for whatever I could find
but everywhere I went
there was nothing there
I looked so hard to see myself
not knowing what I'd find
the one place I forgot to look
was hidden in my mind

          Lord, give me the courage
          to face myself within
          I believe the time is right
          let the games begin

I went looking for an answer
but I didn't know the question
it never occured to me
to look at first things first
somewhere I was damaged
my bearings lost control
it's either nothing or everything
I don't know which is worse
I tried so hard to be myself
but it was tearing me apart
the one place I forgot to look
was deep inside my heart


No comments:

Post a Comment