Thursday, June 9, 2022

rain song


it's going to rain today
I can feel it in my bones
so I'm not going to go outside
I'm going to stay right here at home
and watch the drops on the window
right next to my bed
it's going to rain today
I'm going to stay in bed

I'm amazed that I'm so lazy
that I can sleep till the afternoon
and stlll manage to rest
when the sun is replaced by the moon
I ought to have ambition
I ought to have some fun
instead I have plenty of nothing
when the working day is done

          I know I'm depressed
          it's always been that way
          but tomorrow will be
          another hopeful day

tomorrow I'll wake up
and open my eyes
and maybe the morning
will hold a surprise
maybe I'll find a lover
maybe I'll find a friend
maybe I'll fall asleep
and it will be morning again

          I know I'm depressed
          but it won't last long
          today I feel weak
          but tomorrow I'll be strong


No comments:

Post a Comment