Sunday, June 5, 2022

days left behind


I was thinking about 
the days left behind
I knew they were there
in the back of my mind
I never go back there
but today I did
I started remembering
when I was a kid

it was no fun
people were mean
I found my escape
on a theater screen
showing movies both
funny and sad
that was the childhood
I had

my imagination
kept me alive
those images I saw
with my very own eyes
I dreamed I was up there
a big movie star
nobody could hit me
or cause any harm

but then I'd walk out
in the hot midday sun
alone and forsaken
the fight had begun
and deep in my mind
I'm still there in the dark
reality, fantasy
I can't tell them apart

and there I remain
until this very day
when I've decided to give
my fantasies away
I now live my life
the way it should be
nothing to hide from
except being me


No comments:

Post a Comment