Thursday, June 23, 2022

strong medicine (rewrite 1)


strong medicine
is what I need
to survive in this world
to get me up to speed
it don't do no good
hanging 'round this town
so I'm leaving home
I'm California bound
my time in Oklahoma
is coming to an end
all I need 
is strong medicine

goodbye to my mama
goodbye to the land
take me some place far away
where i can understand
the ways of the world
as they reach out to me
the spirit leads me on
to where I'm supposed to be
goodbye to Oklahoma
I won't see you again
all I require
is strong medicine

nothing is ever easy
every question is a test
of all you hold inside you
I try my very best
you can come and see me
if you've got a mind to roam
I will give you shelter
in the safety of my home
I will miss Oklahoma
I will miss all my friends
all I have now
is strong medicine


No comments:

Post a Comment