Sunday, July 3, 2022

breathing


I listen to my breathing
I want to feel calm
but trouble is inside me
ticking like a bomb
I can feel it coming
like a crest upon a wave
why do my emotions
have to misbehave

I listen for the footsteps
walking down the hall
but all I hear is silence
there is no sound at all
I always live in conflict
it fits me like a glove
preventing me from pleasure
separating me from love

so, where then do I wander
what is there to see
I feel unhappiness brewing
deep inside of me
time to sound the warning
it is time now not to feel
any way I turn now
is an unfair deal

I listen to my breathing
hoping that it helps
me to find a reason
to take care of myself
I can feel it coming
there is nothing I can do
in my time of darkness
all I seek is you


No comments:

Post a Comment