Friday, July 22, 2022

good luck is a stranger


good luck is a stranger to me
it passes without saying hello
if you ask me, here's what I'd say
it's something that I don't know
I work everyday
but luck doesn't come my way
it disappears like day into night
I know it's true
that luck doesn't come to you
but I always have the feeling it might

yesterday I played to win
everything went my way
but that does't mean a thing
when it comes to what happens today
I work all the time
but the future's not kind
it takes away all that I need
but today's not the same
and I won't be to blame
today's the day I'm going to be freed

good luck is a stranger to me
it's gone like a ship in the night
I cannot depend on it happening
mostly, it hides out of sight
but one day I will find
luck won't leave me behind
it won't be something I've missed
problem is, though,
good luck is one thing I know
is something that doesn't exist

good luck is a stranger to me
it passes without saying hello


No comments:

Post a Comment