Sunday, July 31, 2022

one step ahead


all my life I've been living
one step short of disaster
I know it's on its way
I thought I took all my emotions
and put them out to pasture
but they've coming back today
I worry about
everything outside my mind
all of the problems and fears
I could've left behind
I can't run fast enough
to outrun the words that I said
but I'm one step ahead

I am afraid of everything
the future might hold for me
I'm shaking in fear
I'm tired of this fight
it's getting old for me
I need to disappear
I worry about
the deeds I've left undone
I live in fear
over what I've become
I'm drowning fast
in oceans of regret
but I'm one step ahead

I pray that someday
I'll find some kind of peace
but I'm not holding my breath
I've thought that maybe
my sorrow will cease
and there'll be nothing left
I worry about 
what I can't control
the state of sheer panic
that's surrounding my soul
but still I keep on
working for my daily bread
just one step ahead


No comments:

Post a Comment