Monday, July 11, 2022

that's where I'm going today


today I am going away
where you can't bother me anymore
I've realized I can't stay
in the place where I was before
so I'm leaving
I'll be gone
you are left
to carry on
and I will be here
far away
that's where I'm going today

I am leaving my home
it's fading in the rear view mirror
you may see me all alone
but I can't see any clearer
it's my life
I will claim it
my life is wild
but I will tame it
it may be hard
but that's okay
that's where I'm going today

          I don't know what waits for me
          when I'm on the other side
          I thought it was dire straits for me
          in a place where I can't hide

I will not be here
when you look for me, I'll be gone
I will disappear
on this road I walk upon
don't look for me
I won't be in sight
don't worry about me
I'll be all right
I'm finally out
and on my way
that's where I'm going today


No comments:

Post a Comment