Wednesday, July 27, 2022

I can't get out of bed


I don't want to get out of bed in the morning
so I stay there until the afternoon
everything is so depressing and sad now
and it won't be changing any time soon
so I lie there with the fan on
because it's too damn hot
I could be counting my blessings
but I can't be someone I'm not
there's too much noise in my head
and I can't get out of bed

there's no reason to face the day ahead
so I'll pretend that it doesn't exist
there's no way I'm going to face the morning
on a sad and hot day like this
the temperature is nearing 100
and this apartment ain't got no AC
my core temperature is rising
and it's getting the better of me
I wish it were winter instead
and I can't get out of bed

I don't know what I'm going to do now
sure as hell I ain't going outside
I'm drinking a whole lot of water
but my depression just won't subside
so I think I'm just going to get loaded
maybe then I won't feel so bad
take lots of long cool showers
and try now to be so sad
I need something for my aching head
and I can't get out of bed


No comments:

Post a Comment