Saturday, July 9, 2022

these blues


I am drunk with worry
I cannot stand up
no matter what I do
it's just not good enough
so I think I'll just lay here
in my bed all day
maybe if I do nothing
these blues will go away

I am looking inward
to see what I can find
trying to see that part of me
that got left behind
I don't think much with my brain
I always choose my heart
maybe if I do nothing
these blues will depart

          help me please
          I'm falling
          down in deep despair
          I am finding out
          how it feels down there

I am scared of living
in a world where souls collide
I want to find out what it's like
to see the other side
I've stayed too long in one place
I need to leave my home
maybe if I do nothing
these blues will leave me alone

so I've given up
I don't expect to recover
if it's not one thing,
it sure as hell is another
I will make it out of here
sure as my Christian name
maybe if I do nothing
these blues will stay the same


No comments:

Post a Comment