Monday, July 4, 2022

just another day


it's the Fourth of July
and it's just another day
I'm at home alone
and there's nothing good to say
folks are grilling hot dogs
and drinking ice cold beer
but there's nothing fun to eat
in my refrigerator here

I suppose I could do something
but I'm not going to right now
I'm just going to feel bad
'cause depression's taught me how
people eat potato salad
and party with their friends
me, I'm just waiting
for this day to end

give me Easter Sunday
give me Christmas day
give me any other
of this world's holidays
I hate being alone
when everybody's having fun
but for me, days of fiendship
have been here and done

it's the Fourth of July
and it's just another day
there's nothing here to do
and nothing left to say
you all have a good time
I'm staying here at home
having yet another holiday
I have to spend alone


No comments:

Post a Comment