Tuesday, July 26, 2022

time keeps moving


time keeps moving
but I'm not improving
I'm stuck in the same old place
searching with questions
do I have to mention
I'm falling behind in this race
but still I keep running
looking for something
for easing my troubled mind
I don't know where it's hiding
but it's not surprising
that I don't know what I'll find

time keeps passing
its speed everlasting
I try, but I just can't keep up
my feelings are tired
but still they're inspired
I can't stress this enough
but these dreams I will keep
I can't fall asleep
in this hot and humid night
so I will seek action
and some satisfaction
in knowing I'll never be right

time's getting short now
I never will know how
but somehow I know I'll keep trying
making my way now
it'll come any day now
in spite of all my denying
I don't need permission
to sit back and listen
to the noise inside my brain
it's nothing to worry
I ain't in no hurry
I know it will turn out the same


No comments:

Post a Comment