Friday, July 8, 2022

no time to borrow


life is okay for a while
when you're healthy and young
but it doesn't prepare you
for what will become
when you start losing people
when their living is through
and you know someday
death will be looking for you

I try to live in the present
in the here and now
I've heard it's possible
but I don't know how
I try not to worry
I try not to fret
but lost in the moment
sometimes I forget

          so hold me now
          let me pretend today
          that it'll all be okay
          and that the sun will rise tomorrow
          hold me close
          help me to allow
          what's happening now
          I have no time to borrow

look at the news
it's all going wrong
we are not living
the way we can belong
this world is hard
the going gets rough
and the problem is life
isn't long enough

          so hold me now...

I look into your eyes
and you look into mine
both of us are looking
for ways to be kind
I know that somedy
we'll both disappear
but for right now
it's good that you're here

          so hold me now...


No comments:

Post a Comment