Sunday, July 24, 2022

train of thought


I lost my train of thought
it was just here a minute ago
I think it was something important
something you'd want to know
but my thoughts, they just vanished
into the thinnest of air
I thought they were intelligent and honest
but now I just don't care

funny thing about thoughts
now they're here
now they're gone
leaving me without a northern star
that I can wish upon
but another thought will come
to replace the one left behind
life is filled with my many thoughts
drifting in and out of your mind

but I'm sure the thought I was thinking
was impressively smart and profound
and for one second I had it
it was just kind of spinning around
somehow it just disappeared
I thought it was my friend
so I'll just give up on my thinking
until the next thought comes again


No comments:

Post a Comment