Monday, August 22, 2011

drugs are for young people


So,man, here's some stuff I jotted down today:
drugs are for young people
because they think they'll never die
because they're young
and strong
and maybe stupid
they haven't learned yet
that every moment
must be believed for itself
Nice. Good job, farmboy.
Thanks, man. I appreciate it, I do. I don't know what this might fuckin' be, you know. If it's anything. You know, I wrote all those songs when I was in California, and now it's fuckin' killing me to make those decisions. It's like, I don't know. But I gotta make those decisions. Gotta be as ruthless as you can.
And I gotta learn to accept that it's okay to write a lot of stuff to get a little that interests you enough to work on it. And it doesn't even feel like work when it interests you to the point of -- heh heh, get this, man -- unconscious obsession. How's that for a phrase?
Sorry, farmboy, but unconscious obsession sounds like some kind of perfume named after a celebrity.
(farmboy laughs) That's my problem! I could be in advertising. I could be like one of those Mad Men-types that smokes cigarettes and drinks and has exciting sexual affairs.
You could...
I would love to have an exciting sexual affair, let me tell you. Think of the songs I could get out of something like that.
It would be fun, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment