Saturday, August 20, 2011

a peaceful life


all I want is a peaceful life
with space to stretch and room to breathe
where fresh fruit and vegetables
are not forbidden luxuries
where I can watch my children play
without the fear that one will stray
a good home for my kids and wife
all I want is a peaceful life

all I need is a bench to sit
a front porch to watch the setting sun
a glass of wine and a hand to hold
when the hard work of the day is done
where we can watch the girls and boys
make their fair share of noise
and see the laughter in their eyes
all I need is a peaceful life

all I want is somewhere to be safe
all I need is a little faith

all I ask is a place to rest
to lay these weary bones at night
no worrying about the rent and bills
and groceries when the money's tight
a job to go to every day
where I can make a living wage
no sounds of gunshots
no siren's cries
all I ask for is a peaceful life

all I want is hope for a better day
each night I lie in bed and pray

all I want is a peaceful life
no fear in every step I take
where my wife won't need to cry
where a man can get an even break
where the mortgage and the bills are paid
and there's no reason to be afraid
where hope is not an empty lie
I know it's here
just out of sight
all I want is a peaceful life
all I want
all I need
all I ask is a reason to believe
all I want is a peaceful life



No comments:

Post a Comment