Sunday, August 7, 2011

Like you're family. Which you are.


Hey, man!

I was hoping you'd call, farmboy! How is Cali?

Nobody in California ever pronounces it "Cali." But the family reunion was fuckin' great. There were mariachis there and all this family and all this real Mexican food. Fuckin' great, man.

How's everything else?

I tell you, man, what I wouldn't fuckin' give for some kind of miracle to come along and help me with this money situation. Let me tell you, man, I'm beginning to worry like you wouldn't believe. But the last couple of days have been good. Lots of partying but also lots of sitting on my sister's front porch playing guitar.

That's good. The guitar playing part, I mean.

Yeah. This worrying fuckin' sucks, man. I kinda wish I had fuckin' been laid off so I could at least collect some of this unemployment I've been paying into for the last...well, for a long, long time. Man, this stress, this worrying is fuckin' killing me.

My older brother -- the one who had the stroke -- is looking great, though. I'm hoping to get to hang out with him and his wife this coming week. And my sister and her family are doing great. It's so good to see family.

I bet. Sounds like you've got a good one, farmboy.

Oh, I do, and I'm very thankful. I'm calling from my sister's house, from Santa Paula over in Ventura County. And this is on her dime, so I'm going to have to split pretty soon. How're you doing, brother.

Brother? I'm flattered.

Well, I feel close to you, man. Like you're family. Which you are.

Thanks, farmboy. That makes me feel good. It's all been going well here, no rain, sunshine. It's August in the Pacific Northwest.

Sounds good, man. Hey, take care, and hopefully I'll call you in a couple of days.

I'll look forward to it.

You take care, man. Adios.



No comments:

Post a Comment