Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I am more than lucky


So, farmboy, how was Ventura County, California. Nice weather?

I'm sure the Pacific Northwest had better weather. It was like we switched places. California was kinda cold, a lot -- I mean a lot -- of gray. Not that it ruined anything, though, 'cause I saw plenty of sun when I would go inland.

Did you enjoy yourself? You were having some issues with anxiety when you left here.

I was anxious and worrying and angry for a whole fuckin' lot of the trip, man. And that was fucked. But I had some good times. The family reunion was great. It was fuckin' amazing, man. I love those people, you know. I am more than lucky -- I am blessed, man. I have a great family.

But, man, I worried, I stressed out, I tell you. And I was incredibly angry all the fuckin' time. It was like any little thing was a symbol of disrespect aimed squarely at me. I mean, I took it personal. And that's fucked to feel and that's fucked for others to be around. I was, like, fuckin' pissed off at everything. And that's because I was majorly unhappy, you know. I was unhappy when I left here. You remember?

I do.

But there were some good times. And then the best stuff happened...

The songwriting?

Fuck, man, I wrote, like, seven or eight songs...

You lost count, farmboy?

(laughs) Well, I ain't sure, man. I think it's seven. I was writing pretty much every day after the family reunion was over. And it was good, man, I think I may have at least three keepers. New material for the CD! I still need to look at all the stuff here. But just the experience of being that creative...fuck, man, there ain't nothing better.

That what you were born to do, farmboy.

Fuckin' right, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment