Friday, August 26, 2011

Only I can prevent forest fires


Man, let me tell you. Today has been a pretty lousy...well, no, it was a morning that was so fuckin' frustrating that I went to see the counselor guy and, fuck, you know at some point I'm gonna start to crying and then they'll be some tears sliding down my face and...you gotta understand, I ain't much for crying. Most of the time I can't cry.

Is it the going back to work, farmboy?

It's the fuckin' going to a new job where I'm doing something i hate, that I'm not qualified to do, that I'm fuckin' lousy at doing. The last couple of days have been frustrating because the fuckin' school system...hey, can we change the topic of conversation? I've already wasted too much of the summer on this stupid-ass job. Fuck, man.

Let's talk about you for a change.

Not letting you off that easy, farmboy. What did your counselor say?

He said that my life is fuckin' lousy...

Come on, farmboy, did he use those words?

Um...no. But he did say that, in so many words. If you'd fuckin' let me finish...

Go ahead and finish, farmboy.

He said my life is lousy right now and that it's justifiably lousy, But he says I shouldn't make it worse by piling guilt on top of it all and beating myself up. He says it's not my fault. I felt like I was in Good Will Hunting, you know?

I totally agree with your counselor, farmboy. You have a habit of that kind of thinking in your life.

I know. I'd make some crack about the Catholic Church, but then I'd really feel guilty. I'm thinking I should maybe stay away from that line of thought, man.

What I'm saying is that you have a tendency to pile shit on top of shit. Excuse my language.

No way, man. I ain't gonna fuckin' forgive your fuckin' language. Your motherfuckin' cocksuckin' language...

I thought you'd get a kick out of that.

Yeah, I liked it. You need to cuss a whole lot more, man. It's good for you.

So I'm glad the counselor guy said that. 'Cause I was feeling guilty. I joke about it, but guilt is the main motivating factor in my life. Big time.

He sounds like he's a good counselor.

I think he is. It depends what I give him to work with, If I go in there and just cry and complain, he really can't do much. I mean, he can't read my fuckin' mind, you know? I gotta do my part. Only I can prevent forest fires.

What are you going to do between tonight and Tuesday?

Smoke weed, play guitar, the same old same old. Do some research on how to present myself on Kickstarter. Work on songs. Dread Tuesday and the ten months following that.

That's so sad, farmboy.

It the God-honest truth, man. Life is sad right now.

But it's not my fault.



No comments:

Post a Comment