Saturday, July 21, 2012

Beauty breaking through


Hey, farmboy. Good to see you. Did you go out tonight?


I went to the coffeehouse to play, and man, it was one of those nights. I mean, a night when magic happens. A lot happened, but let me tell you about a big one.


Tell me. What happened?


There's this musician, this songwriter, and he wrote this fuckin' incredible song inspired my me.


You?


Fuckin' yours truly, man. And it's a song that celebrates this amazing community of musicians that I'm a part of. I don't hardly look at it -- I'm usually in the middle of some catastrophe that demands my attention -- but I have been extremely blessed by the people I know in my life of music.


What happened was this musician -- a good musician, by the way -- heard an introduction I did once where I talked about some bad experiences from my childhood of people telling me not to sing. And that the coffeehouse is the first place that I ever felt comfortable singing along with other people. And that's what inspired the song.


That's amazing, farmboy. How did it make you feel? 


It was interesting. It was wonderful to see beauty breaking through misery. It was an important lesson. You know, that good things can come from bad times, bad experiences. I've been needing to learn that, especially with the way -- ways -- that my life has been going for quite a while.


But let's not talk about bad times and bad things. It feels good to feel good, man. It feels really good.



No comments:

Post a Comment