Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The only ocean that really counts


I just thought I'd check in. It's been up and down, man. I am so fuckin' worried about money, and what pisses me off is that I'm having trouble affording food and gasoline. It's fucked. I'm hoping I can make some good money when I go down to California. I wish I had the CD ready for the shows.


I wish you did too, farmboy. But maybe you'll still sell some CDs. It'll be good for you to do some performing and to see family and friend. 


Not to mention the ocean. I'm looking really forward to seeing the ocean. The great Pacific. My father once told me that the Pacific is the only ocean that really counts. (laughs)


Well, that's one way to look at it, I suppose. It is a beautiful sight.


It'll all be good once I'm down there. I'm taking the bus, believe it or not. It's the cheapest way to go and it'll be the least amount of problems for my people down there. My brother can't drive all that much since the stroke. Fuckin' stroke, man. I fuckin' wish it had never happen. It's such a fuckin' drag for him. I can hear it in his voice.


It'll be good to see, though, and it will be good to see my sister. And the spouses and nieces and nephews and my friends. But there's a part of me that fuckin' hates to travel. I crave safety. I wish I didn't. I wish I liked adventure more. I used to, when I was younger.


You'll be fine, farmboy. It'll be good. You know, summer's halfway over. It goes fast.


You're telling me, man. Way too fuckin' fast. So it's a good thing I'm going to California. 'Cause I need to soak up the summer while I can, you know?



No comments:

Post a Comment