Wednesday, July 18, 2012

fortunate? lucky? blessed?


Hey, man, I just wanted to let you know that I'm here and I'm okay and you don't have to worry. I tell you this because you told me that you've been getting worried about me lately.


So you're doing all right, farmboy?


I've been depressed, but I'm always fuckin' depressed. That's why I'm on meds, you know? But I went out and performed today at the hospital for the kids with disabilities. That went well. Then I made myself go to the coffeehouse and see the folks there, and that was good. I've been isolating myself a lot lately. I feel so...fortunate? lucky? blessed?...that I have my friends at the coffeehouse. They're such good people. I'm playing there Friday night, in an in-the-round.


The people at the coffeehouse -- your friends -- they sound like they truly care about you, farmboy. I'm glad that you appreciate them as much as you do. 


I'm very thankful. I think that maybe they know I'm not feeling so great lately. I try to to go in saying "blah, blah, blah, look at me, my life is so fuckin' lousy." (laughs)  You know, like the way I talk with you.


That's my purpose in your life, farmboy. I want you to tell me what's really going on in your life. That's important to me. That's why I'm here.


Thanks, man. It's tough, 'cause you're the interviewer and everything, but...you know, you're the only one I share a lot of things with. I can't talk to anybody about a lot of this stuff...


You won't talk to anyone. That's your choice, that's your decision. I know your friends will listen.


And they do. I just don't want to burn them out. I don't want to burn you out either, you know.


I know, farmboy. And there's no danger of that happening.


Well, thanks. I'm very thankful you're in my life. A lot of times I don't know what I'd do without you. Thank you, man.


You're welcome, farmboy. Any time.


Talk to you tomorrow, okay?











No comments:

Post a Comment