Thursday, July 26, 2012

I don't feel guilty


'Afternoon, man.


Good afternoon to you, farmboy. It is one beautiful day outside, isn't it? Blue sky, around 80 degrees. Very nice.


It is a very nice day. I was just outside. It's fuckin' beautiful.


I've had kind of a strange day. I could not sleep hardly at all last night. I laid in bed and fought off self-pity. So I slept in, because I can. I've gotten things done today, though. So right now I'm all shaky and nervous.


Why, farmboy? Do you need to catch up on sleep?


I don't think so. I think my blood sugar may have been low. Also, I got into a thing on Facebook with some guy I don't even know. It was political, it was about gay rights. I hate bigotry of any kind. Pisses me fuckin' off, man.


Anyway, this guy was really angry and he's one of those bully people on the internet that are just looking for a fight. So after he left like five responses for me I just called it off. I wrote that I was not going to respond to or even read his comments. This isn't the point, but I'm sure that will piss him off more than anything.


Good decision. How did that make you feel?


I felt really good about it. I felt like it was a civilized response on my part. I'm also glad that I didn't resort to getting angry at him. But mostly I'm glad that I don't feel guilty about sticking up for my opinion.


Guilty? Why in the world would you feel guilty, farmboy?


I don't know. I just feel guilty when I express my opinion. Plus I'm really lousy at arguing. I never learned how to stick up for myself.


It sounds like you're getting better at it. I'm proud of you, farmboy. This is a cliche, but it's a hard world out there. You need to have enough respect for yourself that you can support your opinions, among other things.


Yeah. I do feel good about it. Now the next step is not to read his responses, no matter how curious I am.


You've got to do what's right for you, farmboy.


I know, man. I'm trying...



No comments:

Post a Comment