Wednesday, October 19, 2016

But I'm going out there


Hey, man.

farmboy! Good to hear from you! Where have you been? What have you been doing? Are you all right?

Man, it's all been so fuckin' weird for so long. So here's the new stuff: I start going to mental health rehab next week, I start physical therapy for my hands tomorrow, I play my first paying gig tomorrow...

Excellent.

...then I have coffee with the occupational therapist from the first rehab, Chase. Which should be interesting, and I actually mean it in a good way.

So tonight I'm going to a podcast taping.

Which one, farmboy?

It's called Pop Culture Happy Hour. It's on NPR. It's a short bus ride and it will be good to get out.

Speaking of which, I probably should start getting ready to leave.

So everything's okay?

It's all right, yeah. I mean, I'm anxious but I'm always anxious. I'm sad and depressed but I'm always sad and depressed, man. You know that more than anybody.

But I'm going out. If I was in one of my fuckin' suicidal periods, I wouldn't. I would stay at home and smoke weed. But I'm going out there, man, out into the big world. Wish me luck.

Good luck, farmboy.

Thanks, man. It helps, you know?


No comments:

Post a Comment