Monday, October 3, 2016

My friend Matt came over


Hey, you up, man?

I guess I am now.

Sorry.

I was going to get up soon anyway. You doing all right, farmboy? This is unusual for you to call so early.

Ah, man, I just need someone to talk to.

Well, you got me. I'm here. whatcha thinking?

I'm thinking I'm sad and I don't know why.

You need human contact, farmboy.

My friend Matt came over. He grew weed this year, brought me some. He is such a good, good person. He calls up to check up on me 'cause he knows I've been all kinds of fucked-up emotionally.

So Matt's your friend?

Yeah.

Let me hear you say it.

"Matt's my friend."

Good job, farmboy. You know, I've talked with Matt. He likes you a lot. There's a reason why he checks up on you.

Yeah. It's weird, it's like being in some kind of time machine. It's like I'm the screwed-up 14-year-old who's confused and sad. And Matt, he's like the older brother back home on break during his sophomore year in college. And he comes in my room and listens to me and talks to me when no one else notices that I exist.

Wow. That's a great friend.

That's Matt. He's my friend, man.


No comments:

Post a Comment