Saturday, October 8, 2016

king of the coffee shop


I can't take any more wild parties
I think it may be time for me to stop
I'm through with Jose Cuervo and Bacardi
I wanna be king of the coffee shop

yeah, all I want are long conversations
about God and art and a world that's absurd
but everyone these days has reservations 
of anything with more than seven words

          a slice of boysenberry pie
          and a big hot cup o' Joe
          and somebody
          maybe you
          someone I'd like to know

I don't want to hear any idle chatter
I don't want to hear "I need to leave" again
I want to get to what we think that matters
I want some real time with real friends

          a slice of boysenberry pie
          and a big hot cup of Joe
          and some time that's one-on-one
          with the good friends that I know

so if you're feeling lonely
and trouble's put you on the spot
you'll know where to find me
I'm the king of the coffee shop


No comments:

Post a Comment