Tuesday, October 25, 2016

this is me today


(written for a collage I created in an expressive therapy group, as part of my intensive mental health rehab)

this is me today
swallowed up by broken dreams
scattered like color photos
torn out of a magazine

there I am, up on that mountain
climbing up above the town
gazing at the far horizon
not afraid of falling down

there I am, hiking hills
spring and summer, winter, fall
I am green and blue and yellow
and I am a part of them all

there I am, peacefully sleeping
in the woods, inside my tent
I am not thinking about trouble
I do not care where trouble went

but these are dreams; they are not real
I'm still sitting in this wheelchair
thinking: these are dreams, they are not real
but that doesn't mean there's nothing there

sometimes I throw all hope away
but for now I'll dream
this is me today


No comments:

Post a Comment