Saturday, October 22, 2016

hippie guy


there's a hippie guy in a hippie shirt
baseball cap of red and white
showing off his culinary skills
for the locals on saturday night
he's a pizza chef extraordinaire
he throws that bad boy in the air
there's flour flying everywhere
but he don't care, no, no
he don't care

me, I'm silent in the corner
impatiently waiting for a slice
I want to ask hippie guy some questions
I think I need his advice
because I hear him laughing loud
unbothered by the hungry crowd
I would like to live that proud
but I'm not allowed, no, no
I'm not allowed

          I don't want to be me anymore
          I am so bored
          with always being ignored
          I can't be who I was before
          but nothing ever changes

the hippie guy in the hippie shirt's
singing like he's johnny cash
cooking for his customers
smelling like his secret stash
with a hint of pepperoni
he jokes with all his staff and cronies
not one trace of him is phony
I wish he could show me, hey, hey
I wish he could show me how

          I don't want to be me one more day
          I can't believe when you say
          that I'm okay
          no one needs me anyway
          and nothing ever changes

the hippie guy calls my number
and I go to grab my slice

to be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment