Thursday, October 6, 2016

homework one


I am not my thoughts today
they belong to my brain
which is just part of my body
oh doctor please explain
'cause you said to pay attention
and accept them, every one
and don't criticize or judge them
well, I ask you, where's the fun?

I'm the patient of a therapist
and I'm very obedient
I need to figure out this stuff
and I must be expedient
(I'm hope the doc will be impressed
by the big words I'm using
so I can put off telling him
I find this all confusing)

if I am not my thoughts
then what am I, pray tell?
just an dusty cardboard shoebox
or some hollow empty shell
that you hold to your ears
to hear the never-ending sea
that's my brain doing the thinking
it does not belong to me

so is there no way to change
the thoughts inside my mind
that play a running commentary
all the fuckin' time?
hopefully, with therapy,
perhaps someday I'll know
and my therapist will point and laugh
and say "I told you so!"


No comments:

Post a Comment