Monday, November 14, 2016

hope


there's a life
inside myself
that's trying to work
itself free
from all this anger
from all this hate 
from all the fear
that's choking me
clear my mind
of endless static
throw me out
a rescue rope
I know somewhere
in this wretched 
heart of mine
there is hope

I remember
every beating
every fist
every threat
I have ingested
drugs and drinking
but still somehow
I can't forget
clear my mind
of all these memories
another pill
another smoke
prove to me
that all's not broken
help me brother
give me hope

tonight I lay
alone in bed
like tomorrow's just
another day
but morning comes
and my aching head
only hears the echoes
of yesterday
clear my mind
of all the lies
I believed
all they spoke
show me that
it's not impossible
if you dare
give me hope


No comments:

Post a Comment