Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Making noise


So, man,I been writing up a storm lately. I haven't been social at all, with all the therapies and the classes and being a fuckin' weirdo. But I been writing so much that I don't even devote much time to doing arrangements. I'm just gonna keep on writing like...you know those days when I get real sad and I'm crying on and off all day? That's how it can be with writing sometimes.

It must be a great release to be able to express yourself in music, farmboy. I'm a little envious, I must admit.

I'm really fortunate. Real lucky. Blessed, even. I love writing songs, creating music. Making noise.

It's just that some sounds are more pleasing to my ears than others. Noise is just another way of referring to sound. It can be judgmental.

As in "that's not music, that's just noise?"

Yeah, that kind of shit. I hate that. I try to keep an open mind, but I feel like I'm exploring my own musical instincts rather than paying attention to others. You'd be amazed how little music I listen to.

It's hard.There's an awful lot of music out there, farmboy.

Yeah, but I know my trust in my own music is growing, and there's an awful lot of music in there.


No comments:

Post a Comment