Tuesday, November 15, 2016

I'm supposed to say


I'm supposed to say
tomorrow's going to be a better day
but I can't conceive it
I don't believe it
I'm supposed to say
it's all going to be okay
but my parents didn't raise any fools
and I can tell what's coming up the road
if you're looking to find a little racism, brother
you've hit the mother lode

so take down that poster of Ghandi
tear down that Martin Luther King
spray paint over Cesar Chavez 
none of them mean a goddamned thing
toss away Barack Obama
burn those photos of Rosa Parks
give me that gun
and I mean it
something big is gonna start

this time I believe I've had it
I hope that you're catching my drift
if it's a war you're aiming for
let's get it over with
you kill our side
and we'll kill yours
and then we'll all be dead
there'll be no huimans
but planet earth  
will have better days ahead

so take down that poster of Ghandi...


No comments:

Post a Comment