Monday, November 7, 2016

when I see my mail carrier


when I see my mail carrier
I want to marry her
because she brings my
unemployment checks
twice a month when I see my honey
she gives me money
what did you expect?
I'm one of those 
no-good-for-nothings
now, tell me something
that I don't know
I'm one of those mustache charlies
I'm not sorry
and I'll tell you so

I'm looking for adventure
this ain't new hampshire
or disneyland
I'm looking for something new
something to do
in this traffic jam
I'm on a forbidden highway
sinatra's my way
ringing in my ears 
you can say anything you want to
but I'm going to 
get away from here

when I see my mail carrier
there's nothing merrier
than welfare dough
I make a bank deposit
just because it's
so responsible
adios 
my friends and family
I know I'm rambling
but that's all right
I'm feeling faraway bound
inside this greyhound
it's a glorious night
good night


No comments:

Post a Comment