Saturday, November 19, 2016

let's go to the movies


let's go to the movies
show me something I've never seen
tiny feelings on a giant screen
something that aches
with regret and mistakes
do you know what I mean?

let's go to the movies
I'm sick and tired of this lousy joint
show me something that has a point
of view I can understand
with a big gulp of root beer
buttered popcorn in my hand

I don't want too think about 
the world anymore
I just want it to be
like it was before
I'm afraid to step outside my door
these days
I don't know what I'm gonna see
I don't like the hatred and bigotry
and this anger rising up inside of me
I don't like what's going on with me
these days

lets go to the movies
a comedy, for damn sure
maybe with that Adam Sandler
he always makes me laugh
and laughter's what I need right now
I feel storm clouds brewing
let me ask you
what are we doing
let me ask you
what we have done

cruisin' to the multiplex
city lights out on the horizon
radio plays that old creedence song'
"I see a bad moon a-rising"*

*last line by John Fogerty, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment