Tuesday, November 1, 2016

I gotta just focus on the next step


Man, I'm sorry. It's been a long time since I've been in touch. I'm doing this intensive mental health thing twice a week and doing other therapies the rest of the days. Plus I'm just fuckin' writing songs like you wouldn't believe. It's like I'm in some kind of trance and the spell hasn't been broken yet. And I'm just gonna ride that wave out.

But will that be healthy, farmboy? Keeping yourself in misery so you can be artistically productive?

I'm not doing anything like that; in fact, it's the very opposite. My life is dictating the songs, so to speak, and I've got enough sad songs to last for a while. So I'll be chronicling, in a way, my recovery from a serious accident. And I got a ways to go. I just gotta focus on the next step. Not the ones after that, only the next one. For right now.

You might think about taking a little time to consider the big picture once in awhile, farmboy.

Yeah, I guess I should. Maybe I should schedule meetings with myself.

That might not be a bad idea.

Like, say, every Saturday or something, when I'm not doing any therapies. Use my imagination to find out the details of who I want to be.

As well as find out who you really are. 

That's the plan, man. It's that self-knowledge shit, you know?


No comments:

Post a Comment