Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day off


I'm...

Tired.

No, I'm...

Depressed.

No, I'm...(laughs) Hey! Fuck you!

What's up?

Everything but my paycheck! (mimes imaginary rim shot)

How've you been these last couple of days?

Okay. It's the weekend and I'm taking off Monday, so it's a three-day weekend. Hey, how've you been?

Good. (pauses) Life is good. Been writing?

I'm still finishing this other song, which I think I maybe love. It's sorta different for me and it surprises me, which is, like, the best thing for a songwriter like me. I mean, I can't afford therapy. I would if I could.

So you're musically active?

Yeah, I feel good. It's like a physical thing, this music stuff. I've been very blessed, you know, by having this music passion thing I got.

That's so great.

Yeah. I don't know how people live if they don't play music. I guess they have other passions. But some people don't, you know. Hey, I was supposed to go out tonight, to a party, but it was cancelled. I was okay with that. I'm not much for parties...

Or people in general.

Yeah. (laughs) So, it was kind of a relief. Not that I didn't want to go, but that I didn't need to go. Which is an improvement over how I usually am, you know.

So emotionally, how are you doing? You sound good.

I'm doing pretty good. I've kind of taken the day off. That was one of the last things my Dad taught me was the value of taking a day off. His last good day, he was awake that all the things he had to do had been done for the day, and he was happy and said to my older brother "I'm taking the day off."

That's nice.

Yeah, it is.

So you're taking the day off?

In a way. I'm going to play guitar. I'm sure I'll play on the Internet, eat supper, maybe exercise a little. I gotta find some new things to do.

Like what?

I don't know. But, like, sometimes I go into my bedroom just because it's a change from the other room. Today was a beautiful day, but I didn't go outside once.

You took the day off!

Yeah!

(serious) You okay, farmboy?

Man, I don't know...How'd you pick up on that?

I'm getting to know you more and more. You seem scattered.

That's a good way to put it. But I really am okay.

Just taking the day off...

Just taking the day off. Yeah, I feel a little...unstable.

Don't hesitate to talk to me if you need to. You can talk to me as much as you want. Seriously.

Thanks.

No problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment