Sunday, March 21, 2010

Patience


(Sings)
Man, I am so fuckin' worried about money
that it ain't even funny,
I worry about money all the time.
If I only had money
I would have a little honey
and the whole wide world would be mine.

Like it? I just made it up. It's based on a true story.

Let me guess: More money problems?

I just worry and worry and worry. That's a big reason why I'm starting to push this music thing right now. It's like the classic win-win situation. I get to be a musician and I get to buy groceries and pay the bills. Then why am I so resistant? I don't know. I don't have a fuckin' clue.

Does it scare you?

Yeah. I'm also afraid that no one will want to hear me or hire me. Then I'll be depressed because I've been rejected and I won't be able to buy rent and groceries and credit card people. (laughs) It's the classic lose-lose situation!

So here, I'm gonna change the subject. Remember that first draft I showed you a couple months ago of a song called "Snow"?

Yes, I remember.

Well,it looks like it could be a song. I'll be working on it this week and I'll see if it sticks. But no matter what, it sure feels good to be working on music.

Good, because it may be something that you'll be doing a whole lot more of.

From your lips to God's ear, fucker.

Just wait. Seriously. You're putting stuff out there. You're putting out more action. That, my friend, is more than you've done in a long time. And you tell me it feels good. All this is really encouraging...

Until rejection comes around again.

Which it will. That's inevitable. But this time you get to prepare a foundation of, well, self-esteem, for lack of a better term. You'll be believing in yourself more. You won't need their approval so much.

Sounds good.

Oh, it will be. Just wait. Patience, farmboy, patience.

And you're helpin' me,right?

You bet. You know what?

What?

Try not to worry, try not to panic. Instead, look to see what you can do. Look to see where the action can be applied. Then...well, apply it.

Man, you give great pep talks. You should go professional.

(laughs) I'm looking into it.

Good. Do I get a percentage?

No comments:

Post a Comment