Monday, March 8, 2010

Remember that for me


Oh, man. This is, like, a cry for help 'cept I don't know who I'm fighting against.

Huh? I don't understand...

Oh, it's me, moanin' again. I don't feel...it don't fuckin' matter, you know, I need to go to bed. I'm just feelin' sorta out of it. But, really, I'm all right and I'm looking forward to laying down and falling asleep.

You sure?

Yeah, I'm just continuing on with that moaning thing I was telling you about. You know, it's definitely musical. I was thinking about that. It just feels so good to moan, to sing, sometimes. My way of moaning around you seems to be "Oh man."

So I don't need to be concerned?

No, I'm fine. It's just this thing where it feels good to vocalize. I'm a fuckin' musician, man, that's what I do, that's who I am and that's how God made me...

That's how God made you...

Hey, man, can you remember that for me? 'Cause I'm too tired and my mind is scattered and nI've been smokin' that old reefer again. But that's important, about God. Hey, do you think maybe that's right? Maybe it's correct? Maybe God made me a musician...

It's worth looking at. Do I have to worry about you tonight, farmboy?

No. Take the night off.

Hey?

What?

Tell me I'm okay?

Where'd that come from?

I've just been vulnerable, and...fuck, man, you're the only one I can go to and ask for support. There ain't nobody else, man, there's just you.

Oh, there's other people. You just won't let yourself reach out.

So just humor me, all right?

Okay. But I'm really being sincere here. You're okay, farmboy. You're a good guy and I'm proud of you.

Thanks. I appreciate that.

Goodnight, pal.

G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment