Friday, March 26, 2010

Out in the world and can't escape


Man.

You okay?

This anger comes and it takes over. It just escalates. And not only am I aware of it, I buy into it. And it happens at the worst of times, the times when I'm out in the world and can't escape. Like, I'm driving, which is stressful to me, and my blood sugar's low because I didn't stop to fuckin' eat and I can't find my destination. And I plunge right into the anger and resentment and bitterness and not only does it swallow me whole, but then it fuckin' grows. It's like an emotional form of cancer, I swear to God.

I have a first line to a new song. Ahem.

Cut this hatred out of me

Got that? Out of me. Not out of my heart or my mind, but out of me. Fuckin' cancer, man. Fuckin' emotional cancer. It'll fuckin' kill me if I let it.

You know, that's probably true. If you let it, that is.

Yeah, I believe it.

I'm beginning to settle down, calm down. Would you mind if we stop now so I can eat something and have some water and...slow on down. I'll try to get with you later, okay?

Not so fast, farmboy. Just a couple of questions. Do you feel beat up yet?

No. I feel, just now, incredibly tired.

Did you feel that way when we started talking?

Um, no. Why?

Just curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment