Wednesday, March 10, 2010

On music time


It's been a hard day.

What's wrong about it?

Oh, work stuff. We had this meeting with this lady from HR and she was so fuckin' condescending to all of us. And it makes me mad and I don't want to get into it 'cause that's about work and we're on music time now.

I understand. You know I'm here to listen to you, including work problems...

Oh, I know. And if it ever comes down to that, I'll take you up on that. But, for this one, I think I'll be resentful if I spent this time on her and what her kind represents.

Now I'm really curious...

(laughs) I bet. But, no, that's enough and I got that out, in some kind of fashion, I don't know.

I'll tell you what, man, what I need to get on is this music stuff, because I need to make money fast. Like now. And, fuck, you know, it's me. I'm the one standing in my own way, like I'm so fuckin' afraid or ashamed or something.

Wait, wait. What are you talking about?

I'm talking about just trying to get gigs. You know, there's these concrete steps I can take. I can join the Elder Audience thing they have here in this town, and I can probably get some gigs playing for senior citizens, and there's a couple of churches I'd like to play at. I got to jump in there, man, I've gotta stop being so shy and scared and...whatever...ashamed...

Ashamed?

Oh, man, I'm so fuckin' ashamed of who I am...

Why?

You know, physically and vocally and I'm not exactly the smartest guy around.

You do have to jump in, farmboy. You have got to disprove whoever that voice is telling you that bullshit.

Bullshit?

You know you're not stupid. You know you're talented. But you've got stuff stuck in your head so deep that you're going to have to fight and work hard to get it out. I can't do it for you...

You know, you're not telling me something I don't already know. Give me some ideas...

Elder Audience. Join it. Tomorrow. If nothing else, join it.

Okay. And then?

Then you think of a goal for the next day.

Will you help me?

Sure.

Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment