Thursday, March 11, 2010

Our hero basks in the glory


So did you do it?

Do what?

Did you join Elder Audience?

Yeah. I came home from work and answered facebook messages I'd been putting off and some other work stuff and I applied and sent my stuff off to Elder Audience including a short description of me as a folk singer for senior citizens and a photo of me and my guitar. Have I ever mentioned that I love my guitar? Anyway, I did what today's goal was.

Okay, get prepared: I'm proud of you.

And our hero basks in the glory...

Is this you? Is this farmboy? You sound almost happy...

Basically, I'm proud of myself because I was able to accomplish something. And that's hard for me, this music business thing, it's, like, excruciatingly hard for me. You have no idea.

I think I might. I would think it would be hard to sell yourself when you think you're a shithead most of the time.

(quietly) Yeah.

What about a goal for tomorrow?

I was thinking of me writing the bio for getting jobs at churches. Either that, or coming up with something to give the people hiring when I goo after the church gigs.

That sounds good to me. Hey...

Hey?

How're you doing, farmboy? You doing okay?

Yeah. it's funny. I was basking in the glory a minute ago, but now I've calmed down since I had to think of the next step. Not that that's bad...

You just could have used some more basking...

You know, is that a word? Basking?

(laughs) Farmboy, you are a funny guy, you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment