Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ain't lookin' for trouble


Good to see you. You okay?

Yeah. It's so weird, man. When that happens to me...It's like I lose it, I escalate. I get to a point where I'm just panicking...is that a word? I get to where I'm full of panic and I lose control. And it comes to a head or something and then I deescalate. I think that's a word.

What's a word?

Deescalate. De-escalate. You know: verb; to no longer escalate, or, maybe, to go back to where you were before.

No wonder you're exhausted afterwards.

No shit.

How are you doing right now, farmboy?

Oh, I'm layin' low, you know.

I ain't lookin' for trouble and I don't want trouble lookin' for me
I ain't lookin' for trouble and I don't want trouble lookin' for me
But I've had nothin' but trouble, darlin', far as my eyes can see

See? I told you I was a songwriter. See? It just turned into the first verse of some blues type song

It's like magic, I tells ya, magic!

I see.

Not impressed?

Not surprised. You're a talented guy

I really am not looking for trouble right now. I just want to relax, to be peaceful, to breathe freely, to not be afraid so much, you know? I need to lay down in the high grass and feel the wind on my skin. I want to know how it feels to be non-self-conscious. I'm always so fuckin' conscious. Like I'm looking out at myself. I'm always the observer.

But, you know, I'm thinking maybe I don't want to go there right now. I'm thinking I want to be at peace.

Are you at peace?

I'm never at peace. I don't know if many people are.

But you know, I'm feeling the need to be at peace tonight. I'm gonna eat something, do some mindless surfing on the internet, and sleep a long, peaceful sleep aided my my old friend Mister Reefer and some African guitar music turned down low.

Sounds good. Have a good night.

You too, man.

Glad to see you're okay.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment