Thursday, March 18, 2010

Remember to breathe


Oh, man, I am so scared and so worried because I'm all fucked up in the checkbook. I look at things and I think "What am I gonna do?" Cause it's only March 18 and I have, like, 26 dollars in the bank and I have, like, no credit left. And then I think: What if something happens? What if catastrophe strikes? How did I get this way? How am I going to get some money?

How much do you need?

Like a hundred dollars. I need to make some money with music. I mean, not just right now but always. And I've started doing some stuff -- the bio, elder audience, working on the music itself -- but of course nothing's happened yet because it's too soon.

So you need patience --

Patience and faith. Faith that some kind of opportunity will come .

You know, I don't talk about God much, and maybe that's because it's personal and I look at the relationship as being just between us two...

You and God.

Yeah. And I think "Is God really going to let you down?" I don't mean that God's going to give me everything I want. What it means is, I'm going to get through this. My bills are paid, we're just talking food and gas here.

You know, I'm kinda uncomfortable talking about God. It really is that private. My faith gives me a lot of strength.

That's good.

Yeah. I like "faith" instead of "religion" 'cause it seems to be that religions just divide us from one another. Or maybe I'm not a church type of guy.

If I did go to church, it would be, like, Unitarian, I think.

In the meantime, I have to figure out a way to make some money, quick.

You know, you're right. You'll make it through. The important thing to do now may just be to not panic.

Yeah. That's hard sometimes.

I know.

Remember to breathe. And remember that you always have music.

Amen, brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment