Sunday, March 7, 2010

Moaning and singing


(whines) Oh, man...

What's wrong, farmboy?

Oh, man, I just want to make my life better. I don't know, I just kind of feel like moaning. I mean, it makes me feel better, it's a relief, it's a physical thing. Fuck.

You know, this moaning feels so good that I wonder if it's musical as well as emotional. You know, a form of singing.

That makes sense. I wouldn't think it would be that far removed from the blues.

Yeah. Singing's a funny thing. I'm not a good singer. I mean, I'm generally in tune and stuff and I don't think I'm generally offensive as a singer, but I'm not a good singer, you know? But I love to sing. I mean, I loooooove to sing. And it's a need, a physical need. I have to do it, it's my lifeblood.

And I love that, that it's such a primal thing inside me. I mean, that there's such a burning, physical need to sing, regardless if anybody's listening or not.

Let me interview you about singing. What's your favorite song to sing?

Oh, fuck, I've got a whole ton of songs I like to sing. Some are songs where I play guitar , some I just sing acapella. Some I barely know. I like "The Losin' End" by Neil Young. There's one. I love to sing that song. I love that melody. Neil Young's got an amazing amount of incredible songs.

I also really like Neil Young as a singer, too. He's not a conventional singer at all, but he's himself, you know, he's completely himself. And I think that's what every artist should strive for. I mean, in all art.

Fuck, I am being pretentious as all hell. (laughs) I'm stoned, can you tell?

I enjoy it when you philosophise about music. Actually, I think it's good for you.

In a way, I think it's good for me, too. It's good for me to think about these things, to form my own opinions about stuff. To take that part of myself seriously.

So basically, I smoked pot and talked about music, about singing. No harm in that, right? I'm now feelin' so bad anymore. And that, my friend, is cool.

No need to moan?

Oh, there's always a need to moan. But sometimes it's a happy moan.

No comments:

Post a Comment