Monday, October 18, 2010

It's a lot of work being obsessed


Oh, man, another week. Friday is so fuckin' far away. The good thing is that my older brother and his wife are taking the train from southern California to visit up here and that will be a good time.

You know, farmboy, I've noticed that you really don't talk about your family all that much.

I don't talk about much more than music. It's a lot of work being obsessed. I talk too much about my fuckin' job. But mostly it's about music.

Why?

Because I'm obsessed, man. And if you're here to listen to me rattle on and on and on, it's gonna be about music 'cause that's the end result, you know?

I do talk a lot about money, 'cause that's always a problem. I don't talk much about my family because that's usually not a problem. I get along really well with my family -- two brothers and a sister. We're close and I love them. We've also gotten closer since my father died.

You do talk about that, your father dying...

That's because it was fuckin' traumatic. What's that condition people who come back from war have?

Post-traumatic Stress Syndrome?

Yeah. What I had is kinda like that, in a way. What I have.

But, anyway, let's get back to music, because that's generally safe...and, also, that's what I need help with, you know, figuring out how I'm gonna do this music stuff.

That's what I'm here for. But I'm also here to help you in your personal life, too.

And I appreciate it, pal. But for right now I mainly need help with the music stuff. And...

Yes, farmboy?

(quietly) The mental illness stuff. I need help with that.

I can help.

Good. 'Cause I need to move past it so's I can devote my life to music.

You're obsessed, farmboy.

The only fuckin' way to be, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment